Skip to content
Eco Ethical Policy
- Paper Tree endeavours to have high environmental and ethical standards. The key things we do to achieve this are;
- Using sustainable materials to produce our goods. The paper used to make our flowers is Saa Paper, it is a sustainable resource made from the bark of the Mulberry tree. The tree is a persistently growing perennial regenerating itself after harvest. The bark can be made into a natural paper without destroying the tree.
- Using recycled materials. Our greeting cards and stationery are made using 100% post consumer waste recycled card.
- Using FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified materials. Our favour boxes are made from FSC certified card. FSC certification is a voluntary, market-based tool that supports responsible forest management worldwide. FSC certified forest products are verified from the forest of origin through the supply chain. The FSC label ensures that the forest products used are from responsibly harvested and verified sources.
- Most of our products are handcrafted either by ourselves or by our suppliers. This decreases the pollution used by machines and industrial processes and uses little energy.
- We use paper and natural materials where possible, at the end of their use they are biodegradable or recyclable.
- The Saa paper products that we have made overseas are made by a small family business. They have ethical working practices and provide valuable employment for local women.
- We hand make or hand finish our products in the UK.
- We recycle everything we can – paperwork, boxes and packaging.
- We are members of Ethical Junction. Ethical Junction is a community of responsible organisations who care about doing better for people and the planet.
- We are members of 1% for the Planet which is an alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet. We give 1% of our sales to environmental organisations. Recent donations have been made to the Marine Conservation Society and the Bumblebee Conservation Trust.